Ask yourself the following questions. Does the person…
- Inspire trust when you meet them?
- Have credibility – do they have relevant first-hand experience (not just as a sparring partner but also first-hand experience as CEO or board member as well as of the specific situation or transformation you seek to achieve)
- Have references or case studies?
- Have a good grasp of strategy and where you want to take the organisation?
- Have good rapport and chemistry with you?
- Give you undivided attention and presence?
- Keep confidentiality